Before reading the article:
How much do you know about the two major political parties — the Democrats and Republicans? Do you identify with either? Do you believe your personal political beliefs to be the same as those of your friends, peers and family?
First, take this Pew Research Center quiz to find out where you fit into the partisan political spectrum and how you compare with other Americans based on age, race, religion and gender.
(If you have the time, you can also take this more in-depth survey)
• What did you learn from the quiz results?
• Did anything surprise you?
• What further questions do you have about political parties?
Next, scroll through the photos featured in the article linked below.
• What do you notice?
• What story do they tell about the political views of the people of your generation?
Now, read the article, “How the Trump Era Is Molding the Next Generation of Voters,” and answer the following questions:
1. The article begins, “Jaden Rams used to be on fire for Donald Trump.” Why do you think the authors of the article use Jaden’s story to illustrate recent trends related to teenagers and their political views? How and why have Jaden’s views changed since President Trump’s election in 2016?
2. What do current data and surveys indicate about the political views of 13- to 24-year-olds? Why are these considered to be critical years for the voters of tomorrow, according to political science research?
3. List the data and information sources for the article. Which do you find most valuable? Do you believe they are enough to draw meaningful conclusions about today’s youth?
4. Emily Badger and Claire Cain Miller, the authors, write, “Young people are receiving conflicting signals about the health of the country.” Give two examples the authors provide that support this idea. How do these conflicting signals affect the youth who are profiled in the article?
5. Which youth demographic populations lean left and which lean right? Why did these numbers lead Kristen Soltis Anderson, a Republican pollster, to conclude that “Republicans are in trouble”?
6. The article concludes:
Young people are not likely to forget the activism they’re learning now, said Ella Robinson, a 16-year-old in Silver Spring, Md. The Trump era has taught her and her fellow students political savvy, she said, as their spontaneous school walkouts have been replaced by organized protests, with permits and tailored messages around issues like gun control and climate change.
“People in my generation are very aware that walkouts can only go so far,” Ms. Robinson said. “Voting needs to happen.”
Do you agree with Ella? How has recent youth activism affected you and your political outlook?
Finally, tell us more about what you think:
— What did you learn from the article? What was most intriguing or surprising about the political views of your generation? How did your place on the political spectrum revealed in the quiz above compare with the views of other young people detailed in the article?
— Which of the teenagers interviewed and profiled did you most identify with and why? In what way are their lives, political views or personal journeys similar to or different from yours? What quotation or image stands out most and why?
— How important are politics to you? What issues matter to you most and why? How has growing up during the Trump presidency shaped your political outlook?
Conduct your own surveys on the political views of young people at your school or in your neighborhood. How do your results compare with the findings in this article. What methods did you use and why?
Related Learning Network Resources
Wasted Ballots? A Lesson Exploring Why More Young People Don’t Vote, and What Students Can Do About It
When You Are Old Enough to Vote, Will You?
Should the Voting Age Be Lowered to 16?B:
【奥】【地】【利】【使】【馆】，【一】【名】【年】【约】【三】【十】【来】【岁】【的】【工】【作】【人】【员】【汇】【报】【道】：“【公】【使】【阁】【下】，【这】【是】【我】【们】【最】【近】【收】【集】【到】【的】【情】【报】。 【值】【得】【注】【意】【的】【是】，【在】【麦】【克】【林】【侯】【爵】【来】【访】【的】【同】【时】，【英】【国】【外】【交】【部】【常】【务】【次】【长】【克】【劳】【也】【同】【一】【时】【间】【进】【入】【了】【法】【国】【使】【馆】【中】。 【两】【人】【在】【密】【室】【中】【会】【谈】，【具】【体】【内】【容】【没】【有】【人】【知】【道】。【初】【步】【判】【断】【他】【们】【的】【谈】【话】【内】【容】，【应】【该】【和】【近】【东】【战】【争】【有】【关】，【有】【一】【半】【的】【可】【能】
【喜】【欢】【逆】【几】【率】【的】【朋】【友】，【一】【定】【会】【喜】【欢】【这】【本】。 【作】【品】【风】【格】【跟】【我】【有】98%【像】。 【非】【常】【好】【看】，【大】【家】【快】【来】【支】【持】！ 【简】【介】：【王】【潜】【穿】【越】【到】【千】【年】【后】，【灵】【气】【复】【苏】【的】【时】【代】，【这】【年】【代】【异】【兽】【凶】【猛】，【妖】【邪】【横】【行】！【还】【好】【他】【获】【得】【了】【助】【人】【十】【倍】【暴】【击】【系】【统】：「【你】【帮】【助】【公】【主】【打】【扫】【房】【间】。【打】【扫】【效】【果】【级】(【一】【般】【清】【洁】)，【暴】【击】【为】【级】(【仙】【气】【洗】【涤】)。」「【你】【倒】【了】【杯】【水】【给】
【为】【什】【么】？ 【阿】【姜】【想】，【大】【约】【是】【爱】【之】【深】，【责】【之】【切】【吧】。 【她】【从】【前】【从】【未】【想】【过】，【自】【己】【一】【手】【教】【养】【出】【来】【的】【弟】【弟】，【会】【因】【为】【心】【底】【的】【欲】【念】【向】【她】【动】【手】。 【作】【为】【赤】【炎】【的】【后】【人】，【她】【拥】【有】【心】【脏】【再】【生】【的】【能】【力】。 【可】【是】【自】【那】【一】【天】，【她】【的】【心】【脏】【破】【碎】【之】【后】，【她】【就】【再】【也】【没】【有】【重】【铸】【一】【颗】【心】【脏】【出】【来】。 【至】【今】，【她】【的】【心】【口】【处】，【也】【都】【还】【是】【空】【的】。 【不】【过】，【她】【倒】【也】彩虹高手论坛ww487877【齐】【安】【城】【被】【瞪】【得】【发】【毛】，【而】【且】【心】【里】【已】【经】【有】【了】【一】【些】【扭】【曲】。 【这】【些】【藏】【在】【抽】【屉】【里】【的】【眼】【睛】，【无】【一】【例】【外】，【都】【和】【头】【部】【还】【连】【着】【一】【部】【分】，【甚】【至】【于】，【在】【某】【个】【角】【度】，【齐】【安】【城】【还】【能】【见】【到】【猩】【红】【的】【大】【脑】。 【霍】【心】【仪】【没】【有】【任】【何】【犹】【豫】【就】【出】【手】，【那】【也】【是】【应】【该】【的】，【谁】【会】【这】【么】【傻】，【任】【人】【宰】【割】？ 【风】【暴】【出】【现】【的】【一】【刹】【那】，【空】【间】【裂】【缝】【再】【次】【裹】【住】【了】【众】【人】，【携】【带】【着】【他】【们】【前】【往】
【瞒】【了】【一】【百】【多】【年】，【景】【曦】【离】【开】【这】【片】【星】【域】【的】【消】【息】，【还】【是】【传】【了】【出】【去】。 【按】【说】【景】【曦】【离】【开】【前】【为】【她】【做】【了】【那】【么】【多】【准】【备】，【她】【现】【在】【的】【实】【力】【又】【不】【低】，【除】【了】【联】【邦】，【她】【不】【用】【向】【任】【何】【人】【低】【头】。 【可】【是】，【千】【算】【万】【算】，【她】【还】【是】【高】【估】【了】【自】【己】，【没】【有】【想】【到】【她】【已】【经】【做】【了】【代】【理】【首】【长】【几】【百】【年】，【又】【做】【了】【首】【长】【一】【百】【多】【年】，【没】【有】【景】【曦】【的】**，【她】【的】【首】【长】【位】【置】【还】【是】【岌】【岌】【可】【危】。
【不】【过】【林】【天】【问】【到】【这】【里】【的】【时】【候】，【我】【只】【是】【点】【了】【点】【头】【就】【转】【过】【身】【坐】【在】【了】【杜】【明】【的】【身】【边】【大】【家】【也】【纷】【纷】【坐】【下】，【看】【着】【湖】【面】【上】【的】【微】【波】【以】【及】【周】【遭】【事】【物】【的】【一】【点】【点】【浮】【现】。 【蓝】【色】【的】【湖】【水】【让】【我】9【不】【自】【觉】【地】【抬】【头】【朝】【着】【天】【上】【看】【去】，【果】【然】，【天】【上】【的】【景】【色】【可】【是】【和】【紫】【刹】【镇】【一】【模】【一】【样】【的】，【都】【是】【用】【禁】【制】【封】【印】，【才】【化】【作】【这】【样】【的】【白】【昼】【日】【光】【也】【会】【有】【晚】【上】【的】【黑】【夜】【月】【明】。 【不】【过】【这】
“【好】【久】【不】【见】，【泽】【拉】【斯】。”【千】【代】【微】【笑】【着】【回】【应】【弑】【魂】。【仿】【若】【春】【风】，【仿】【若】【阳】【光】【般】【温】【暖】，【好】【似】【他】【面】【对】【的】【人】【与】【他】【没】【什】【么】【生】【死】【大】【仇】。 【这】【一】【幕】，【就】【好】【似】【万】【年】【前】，【他】【和】【艾】【雪】【薇】【儿】【叛】【逃】【出】【怀】【特】【公】【国】，【泽】【拉】【斯】【追】【到】【出】【海】【的】【连】【沙】【港】，【他】【们】【就】【在】【船】【上】【决】【战】。 【他】【叫】【泽】【拉】【斯】，【弑】【魂】【只】【是】【别】【人】【给】【他】【的】【恶】【号】，【亚】【历】【山】【大】【抹】【杀】【了】【关】【于】【泽】【拉】【斯】【的】【一】【切】，【甚】【至】